From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] Prototype ActionScript -> JavaScript compiler code up in svn
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 13:27:22 GMT

Quoting Frank Wienberg <frank@jangaroo.net>:

> Hi Dan,
>
> just to get things straight, I am not working on a different
> implementation, but discussion with Erik and Mike trying to find the
> optimal JavaScript output format. In my current experiments, I am trying an
> approach without the "goog" library, which does not mean you cannot use the
> Google Closure Compiler to optimize the output. For loading and linking
> classes, I use RequireJS, which is an implementation of the AMD module
> format like "goog", but in contrast, it only does that and not a bagful of
> other things. I think that concentrating on one thing at a time
> minimizes dependencies of design decisions.
> What Mike builds fits my view on how to generate JS code like a glove.
> Mike, your latest refactoring makes perfectly sense, we can put the "goog"
> solution in one subclass and the RequireJS solution in another and compare
> the results!

Yes, this is exactly what I was designing for. I'm a component/tool
developer are heart, my mind sees the world as a bunch of lego pieces
that will fit together if assembled with the right interfaces. ;-)

The ASBlockWalker has some serious refactor ahead, but I want to get
as many unit tests in before I go ripping it a part and making
abstract super classes with expression and statement hooks.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com