From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] Prototype ActionScript -> JavaScript compiler code up in svn
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 11:49:46 GMT

Quoting Daniel Wasilewski <devudesign@gmail.com>:

> Well, thanks for clarification.
>
> And I love you keep AST abstract as it should be :)
> Imagine in the future JS 2.0 will came out...

Well any good design is not dependent on it's output. This design is
no different, the only thing it's dependent on is it's AST structure.
;-)

> 'goog' seems to be the reasonable way to go. I would be a bit
> concern about name-space implementation yet.
> org.apache.data.blah.foo is the major bottleneck. And currently not
> that different from haxe approach. Even after closure compiler heavy
> lifting it is still
> a.b.c.d.e.f. It starts with "org.apache.data.blah.foo" as a string ,
> so why not ns_orgApacheDataBlahFoo that will get complied to
> 'abcdef' ? Just an idea.

You know, a week or two ago when this was brought up, I was going to
suggest doing the same thing?

Why don't people do it in other frameworks? If it's a performance
issue to use nested object prototypes than;

org_apache_flex_foo.MyClass.prototype should never get collisions. I
don't know enough JavaScript theory to be useful though. :)

>> That is why I took a week of MY time to get up in svn a valid
>> alternate cross compiler, I want to give people hope in a new
>> direction so it can galvanize a new effort.
> And I am glad people like you are here. I can step in at some point
> but I am ridiculously busy at the moment... and towards the end of
> 2012 :(

Isn't it the end of 2012 right now? ;-)

Mike

--