From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] Prototype ActionScript -> JavaScript compiler code up in svn
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 10:48:27 GMT
Hey,

This is great to hear. I'm kind of a hard head myself. What we are
doing is going against what the majority says is possible.

I see petitions to kill the Flash Player, uninstall it from your
browser stuff... You get where I am going with this?

Ignorant developers associate ActionScript3 with the Flash Player and
not with a very mature OOP language. With the new Falcon compiler we
have a very powerful tool to transform ActionScript into something it
has never been before, Flash Player independent. This is my vision.

It just so happens that ActionScript and JavaScript share a lot of the
same semantics on the AST level so we have a natural fit.

Erik, we need people to bridge the language gap between AS and JS. You
are acting as the translator right now. I know you are not going to
get every translation correct in the start, but you need to realize
this is going to take a few running starts to jump the divide!

To others, I am pretty satisfied with my prototype being a viable
solution to cross compile. That being said, I HAVE NO plans to work on
the older FalconJS code, its just to much of a rats nest and Adobe
left a 1/3 of code in there that has no relevance to our project.

So in my pessimistic voice, if I can't get this prototype to
eventually spit out what we need, that will be it for me. :) But, 103
granular unit tests prove I am on my way to succeeding with this design.

Mike