From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] Prototype ActionScript -> JavaScript compiler code up in svn
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 00:31:25 GMT
Not really,

I rebuilt everything from scratch. Yes I copied about half the code in
pieces. I purposely put it all back together myself so I knew what was
going on. So every class in the committed code was assembled by me, to
figure out it's function if relevant to the new design.

Besides most of it had either be deleted of changed because I am not
targeting SWF what so ever.

I tried to stick with the same base implementation so we kept the
multi-threaded Falcon parsing.

Take a look at the org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.js.codegen package.

Specifically ASBlockWalker from that class alone you should see that
this is a completely different implementation.

A note to others looking at the code, in the ASBlockWalker I have
mixed some javascript emitting specific to the closure compiler. I
want to change this and have a base class not dependent on anything
but to be able to override it.

Case in point, most expressions and statements map the same in AS to
JS, so having a base implementation not tied to anything will be a
positive thing. I also don't like mixing design specific things in the
base traversing class, another reason why I want an abstract base or
two.

Anyway, very prototype code and I reserve the right to yank things
around. :) I just wanted to get it up to show others there might be an
easier and more flexible way to get to where we need to go without the
BURM.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC