From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] A new baby cross compiler experiement for AS -> JS using Falcon
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 17:56:20 GMT

Quoting Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>:

> Mike,
>
> What are you planning to do with your Friday work?  Assuming I get time to
> work on my MXMLClassDirectiveProcessor today or tomorrow, I think I want to
> teach it to spit out the goog code, but then I need the AS output to also do
> the same.  Maybe I'll just try make the changes for the AS output myself in
> the current Reducer/Emitter classes?

I don't know. By all means I am not saying I'm giving up on what I
have done and FalconJS. I don't even "know" if what I have created is
going to be suitable.

I really don't want to commit what I have to svn and I didn't make a
branch. I could always recheck it out again and copy/paste.

I changed quite a bit in the JSEmitter, JSWriter, JSSharedData and
JSGeneratingReducer.

> You might want to feed an MXML file into Falcon and watch it hit the
> MXMLClassDirectiveProcessor APIs.  All I"m going to do is override each of
> those APIs and instead of sticking ABC code in the instruction lists, stick
> in single instructions that are a string of JS.  That's my understanding of
> how JSEmitter works today.

I'll look at this.

Mike

--