From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] A new baby cross compiler experiement for AS -> JS using Falcon
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 09:05:38 GMT

Quoting Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>:

> On 12/9/12 11:28 PM, "Frank Wienberg" <frank@jangaroo.net> wrote:
>
>> Mike, this is really great news! Wow! I'd really like to get my hands on
>> that code of yours!
> I'd like to see it too.  FWIW, I think I have successfully found a way to
> get FalconJS to call my MXMLClassDirectiveProcessor so I think I can now
> start generating JS from MXML.

Like I told Frank, I will get the code up ASAP. FalconJS is just "to
deep" for me Alex. I don't feel comfortable investing a huge amount of
time hacking something I don't understand.

I for some reason this new design pattern doesn't work out, I will
force myself to learn FalconJS's internals. I spent 8 hours on Friday
trying to mangle code around and I found myself hacking a couple
things like super because the implementation of the BURM and other
renderings were so complex. Yes I was stepping through the code and
saw exactly what it was doing. :)

On a side note, I would love to see your implementation of the
MXMLClassDirectiveProcessor. I would like to see if I can make a
traversal just like I have done here with as AST.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com