From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] A new baby cross compiler experiement for AS -> JS using Falcon
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 09:00:55 GMT

Quoting Frank Wienberg <frank@jangaroo.net>:

> Mike, this is really great news! Wow! I'd really like to get my hands on
> that code of yours!

I made sure I didn't use any code from anywhere except my head on this
first iteration. I also used some of my experience when I made an as3
code creator framework a couple years ago.

I didn't want to use any Jangaroo code until you have official
approval and forms that Alex mentioned submitted. I think the form
from your employer would probably be very important.

- see [0] asblocks

What will have to be figured out eventually that I am not sure about
is project setup, threading(since falcon is multithreaded) and write
optimizations but, this is the great thing about opensource. People
with different levels of experience can contribute!

- [0]
https://github.com/teotigraphix/as3-commons-jasblocks/tree/master/src/main/java/org/as3commons/asblocks

> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 12:27 AM, Michael Schmalle
> <apache@teotigraphix.com>wrote:
>
>> How do we want default arguments dealt with on functions?
>

> What about this:
> http://blog.jangaroo.net/2012/01/simulating-actionscript-parameter.html
> And the follow-up about the "... (rest)" parameter:
> http://blog.jangaroo.net/2012/01/simulating-actionscript-rest-parameter.html
>
> Also, I wrote a lengthy
> comment<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/AS+to+JS+translation+table?focusedCommentId=30744332#comment-30744332>for
> the AS->JS translation table concerning field initializers.

I will look into this, thanks!

> What else do you need? Would it make sense if I helped coding stuff?

Like I said, I think Alex was correct that you just need to make sure
your legally clear from your employer and have forms submitted if you
use code from janagroo in places.

Other than that, I would love as much help as possible, you put enough
effort in, you will be an apache flex committer in no time. :)

So I will try and get the code looking decent, licenses and stuff and
just get it into my whiteboard and not worry about it. I think I have
enough support here, that we can mold it into the shape it needs to be.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com