From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [ASJS] Adjusting FalconJS output (no general discussion in this thread, please)
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 15:27:05 GMT

Quoting Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl>:

> Closer ;-)
>
> I'll list all my little nags, I hope I don't start to bore you or
> unnecessarily repeat myself.
>
> - I'm still seeing the public property from AS back instead of the
> private var in the constructor, without a @type annotation, but with a
> /* : type hint */
> - the private var seems to have gone completely;
> - the goog.base call should be the first line in the constructor function;

READ what I wrote below, I said that is what I was working on. ;-)

So WHEN I get the private property in the constructor how is the type
annotation supposed to look?

// @type {string
this.__privateVar = "_do ";

Like the above?

> - the @extends annotation should have curly brackets around the type:
> @extends {flash.display.Sprite}

easy

> - I'm missing the semi colons after the last curly bracket of a
> function block;

I realized this right after I pressed send

> - there are some whitespace issues (this is where the nagging gets
> real bad, sorry):
>     - in the second and third JSDoc blocks there is an extra line
>     - the opening curly brackets of a function block should be on the
> same line as the function keyword and behind the arguments, separated
> by one (1) space

Whitespace is my last concern since it has to do with indenting. I am
trying to get the "meat" working. I still need to test set/get and
other things. This is just round 1.

> - personally, I would get rid of the 'Member' and 'Method' lines in
> the JSDoc blocks, they don't provide useful information, they merely
> state the name of the item, which is clearly readable a few short
> lines later ;-)

Right, remember this stuff was added by them.

Mike