From Michael Schmalle <>
Subject Re: [ASJS] Some information on "templates"
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 00:07:43 GMT

Quoting Frank Wienberg <>:

> On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 12:44 AM, Michael Schmalle
> <>wrote:
>> Heh, the expressions are what I am afraid of but, you have done it! So I
>> know it's possible and that is all I need for a flashlight.
> Yes, it may become tricky here and there, but the advantage of
> cross-compiling from AS to JS is that most expressions can be kept
> one-to-one.
>> I might make something in my whiteboard that starts on this idea within
>> the next week and you can checking it out, we could then collaborate that
>> way.
> Sounds great!

I will announce something on this list when I think I have something
to look at. There is quite a bit of stuff to figure out but, I said in
previous emails. I want to start small, with ridiculously simple
things (like expressions) :).

>> We have a large code base of ActionScript code that is meant to
>>> run directly in the browser and use JavaScript libraries (here: Ext JS),
>>> and we would be glad if we could replace our development tools by Apache
>>> Flex in the future!
>> This is what I am counting on. Apache Flex is a GREEN project, we are
>> recycling 100s of thousands of hours of developer and CPU time into a
>> future. Thus Apache Flex is reducing the carbon foot print... heheh
>> Mike
> Taken granted that any JS solution won't be CPU-efficient compared to
> native development, I really doubt that this is true... ;-)

Right... I just want to say that was a joke and in no way shape or for
am I cliche. You know how hard it was to write the word "GREEN" ? ;-)
Almost as hard at it has been me being forced to write the word
JavaScript 100s of times in the last month. I would have never guessed.

> -Frank-

Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC

View raw message