From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: ABC -> JS
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 21:49:34 GMT
Quoting Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>:

> On 12/4/12 12:37 PM, "Gordon Smith" <gosmith@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>>> SO I will say to anybody, in the current state of the FalconJS
>>> compiler, you
>>> NEED to know opcdes to be able to fix anything.
>>
>> I don't know much about FalconJS but I would be very surprised if this is
>> true. Can you show me one method of FalconJS that actually writes out an ABC
>> opcode?
> It isn't writing out ABC per-se, but the code in JSEmitter seems to require
> knowledge about the ABC block in the SWF.  Its API is in terms of traits.  I
> was surprised to see that when I first started poking at the code.

Gordon, this is what I meant (what Alex said), sorry for getting
terminology mixed up here but the fact I am having trouble
understanding it is because of the ABC block stuff. I just don't know
enough to grasp the mechanics of the traversals.

I just want to understand what is going on and it's the
addInstruction() stuff etc that seems to require some knowledge of ABC.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com