From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject [FalconJS] Code generation
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2012 10:31:53 GMT
Hi,

I just wanted to summarize the puke of the last 3 days. A lot of the
time developing or trying to work in things you didn't design or
create is a seriously intense research project.

Flacon and FalconJS are pretty deep when it comes to feeling confident
enough to start doing something with. The only reason the
conversations came up about alternate code generation was I have seen
it done other ways.

Gordon was kind enough to explain something about Bottom Up Rewriting
that made a lot of sense. The confusion about SWF dealt with the fact
the engineer used a class from the ABC generation package as a
template. There is a lot of extraneous garbage in the generator
classes I was trying to figure out.

It seems as the Gordon has a point about alot of the patterns already
exist for traversing a tree of AS Nodes.

So my conclusion is I'm going to learn JBurg and it's grammar, apply
that knowledge to what we have.

Now that I understand ABC has nothing to do with the actual traversal
algorithm, it will be possible to create other code targets based off
this pattern.

BTW, I was never talking about creating JS from MXML. That
conversation had a bunch of misunderstandings.

Anyway, that's it from me for a while.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC