From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject RE: [FlaconJS] pseudo emitter algorithm
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2012 00:11:21 GMT
Quoting Gordon Smith <gosmith@adobe.com>:

> I didn't follow the whole discussion. Is the issue that you were
> planning to work on MXML->JS but Alex and I think
> MXML->datastructure is a better approach? You don't have to accept
> what we say. :)
>
> - Gordon

The conversation was about exploring a straight AST to JS convertor
and bypassing the JS emitting using SWF reducer.

My point was in the discussion that I don't know SWF format and JBurg
so trying to maintain FalconJS in it's current state would be hard for
a lot of developers.

A lot of cross compilers just work with the straight AST in our case
the IASNode or IDefinition frameworks.

I also thought having this ability would allow other targets to be
implemented more quickly IE Java android or something...

What do you think?