From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: ABC -> JS
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 22:00:24 GMT
Interesting. I don't understand why it is doing anything with Traits. Alex, you might want
to ask Bernd P.

- Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Schmalle [mailto:apache@teotigraphix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 1:50 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: ABC -> JS

Quoting Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>:

> On 12/4/12 12:37 PM, "Gordon Smith" <gosmith@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>>> SO I will say to anybody, in the current state of the FalconJS
>>> compiler, you NEED to know opcdes to be able to fix anything.
>>
>> I don't know much about FalconJS but I would be very surprised if
>> this is true. Can you show me one method of FalconJS that actually
>> writes out an ABC opcode?
> It isn't writing out ABC per-se, but the code in JSEmitter seems to
> require knowledge about the ABC block in the SWF.  Its API is in terms
> of traits.  I was surprised to see that when I first started poking at the code.

Gordon, this is what I meant (what Alex said), sorry for getting terminology mixed up here
but the fact I am having trouble understanding it is because of the ABC block stuff. I just
don't know enough to grasp the mechanics of the traversals.

I just want to understand what is going on and it's the
addInstruction() stuff etc that seems to require some knowledge of ABC.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com