From Kristian Arlt <fidel.go...@yahoo.com>
Subject PDF generation
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 10:27:59 GMT
Hi Guys,

I stumbled into this problem again with our latest project, where we have to generate acceptable
prints/PDFs from the Flex front-end.

As rewriting it all on service is just a pain, we choose client side pdf generation with AlivePDF.

Had a lot of issues hacking AlivePDF, and in the end, it didn't work properly for unicode
Asian fonts. After Thibault Imbert left his bytearray project kinda fading out, as last commit
to the google code repo was more than a year ago.

I really find PDF (an Adobe product) should have stronger support when printing/exporting
from Flex. There was a discussion about this around February on the mailing list, I was just
wondering if somebody has picked up, or like to - maybe an AlivePDF donation so it can evolve?

Thanks,
Kristian