From Hordur Thordarson <hor...@lausn.is>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 10:42:51 GMT
PhoneGap is for sure a good solution for some developers allthough some of the apps they feature
on their website are really just shells around existing web sites.  I have the Wikipedia app
on my phone and it is written with PhoneGap.  It works, but is quite slow for what is really
a very simple app on top of a website.

But PhoneGap is mobile only, I need cross-platform desktop support as well and I am not interested
in a solution that deploys to one runtime on mobile and a totally different runtime on the
desktop because that to me is a recipe for increased testing/QA/support/bug workarounds etc
and I'll avoid that above all else.

Really, what I want is desktop quality apps seamlessly deployed via the web.  AIR does this
pretty darn well, Flash player even better if you are willing to sacrifice a few desktop related
features.  But those are my needs/priorities, others have different ones.