From "Michael A. Labriola" <>
Subject RE: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 20:23:59 GMT
>I'm guessing that this is because the major companies who used to use Flex and swore that
they had plenty of compiler engineers who would help finish Falcon have moved on to other

Just to speak for all of those companies, much of this happened at the Flex summit. When many
of these companies pledged their support, it was within the context of lobbying Adobe to contribute
both the FalconAS and FalconJS code, knowing it was not nearly final form and in many cases
prototype code, in December/11 or January/12 and for Adobe to finish their development in
the open with community help. Within that context, many companies said they would contribute
compiler engineering resources to move along the effort, finish the MXML piece and work on
the JS piece.

None of those prerequisites happened and the Falcon code finally made it in September. This
is not a comment on when we received the code... just a defense to the many well intentioned
companies who are likely no longer here to speak for themselves.

View raw message