From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: List of Inactive Apache Flex PPMC Members
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 22:13:34 GMT
>Just to be clear, I'm not trying to kick anybody out. I only think it's
>fair that we hold the PMC members to the same standards as we do
>prospective committers, don't you?

Well, to be fair, I sort of actually hate that too...

What does it mean to commit time to a project like this? Is it only code commits that count?
That seems like a narrow vision of what's important to a project like this.

What about people who present, write about or educate on Flex? Worked on getting/keeping Flex
inside of corporations during our transition time to Apache? People raising awareness... you
get the point. If there is one thing I find a little disturbing about the idea of PMC and
Committers being the same group is that it seems to value code commits above all else. In
my opinion that is a fraction of what makes any project/product successful.

When I first read about Apache I actually thought these were two separate groups most of the
time and found it slightly disappointing that they seem to be more aligned than not.

Mike