From Aaron Miller <amil...@learnatvivid.com>
Subject RE: Web to Print solutions
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 23:22:05 GMT
I just realized what you meant by "scrolling renderers," and I can imagine that could get choppy.
In my case, I only had to render once, and I could burry that one-time cost behind the "loading"
delay for the page.

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Miller [mailto:amiller@learnatvivid.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:08 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Web to Print solutions

I actually had excellent performance in Android and iOS (only tested tablets) using TLF based
text rendering. In fact performance is one of our selling points over competing products in
our niche. I didn't even have any problems with scrolling (using a Scroller to scroll a parent
container), bounce effect, "swipe away navigation," and all. I am using standard TLF with
a slightly modified RichText component for the view. I don't even see why it would be a problem.
Isn't it essentially just a bit map once it's rendered? Perhaps the usage scenarios are different
than what I am considering for my own application?

--
Aaron