From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] - Must Flex 5 be a complete rewrite or can flex code base be re-architectured?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 13:05:52 GMT
Hi,

> After several discussions about the difficulty to break UIComponent for example, and
the whole re-architecturing of flex SDK issue.
> I'd like to launch this poll to see if there's a consensus about it.
>
> So in your opinion flex SDk:
>
> 1- Need a complete re write
> 2- Can be re architectured from the current code base

If pushed I'd go +1 to 2. The current code base is mature, reasonably well tested, has a decent
architecture (with some history), mostly works well and has an large existing user base.

I really don't think we explored breaking up UIComponent in any signification way so there's
still gains to be made there. IMO it's mostly been talk and considered opinion rather than
actual code.

Of course every one is free to do what ever they want and I'd still be interested in option
1 (rewrite) and would help out where I can. They are probably enough people interested in
both paths so it doesn't have to be an 1 or 2 option.

Thanks,
Justin