From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 16:41:23 GMT
Hi,

> can flex outputed to HTML/JS perform as good as flex outputed to flash runtimes?
Well as we can't do that yet it's an unknown. However from what I've seen of the Falcon JS
compiler the answer is that ActionScript running in flash runtime is much faster. However
it's not just a mater of raw performance but more that Flex is optimised to work with the
Flash Player (frame frames, elastic racetrack, drawing api, display list etc etc) and that's
not how JS engines work.

> Can the next flex (re written) outputed to HTML/JS perform as good as current flex outputed
to flash runtimes?
I doubt it (but see above) and I think it would take a large amount of time and effort to
do so. We know a little more when we get our hands on Falcon JS.

> If not, i would conclude that the use of Apache Cordova is not a good solution as a path
to get rid of Adobes runtimes dependency.
If you were making simple mobile app perhaps. I do know of several project that tried Cordova
and found that performance wasn't what they required and decided to go native.

Thanks,
Justin