From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlaconJS] pseudo emitter algorithm
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 19:31:20 GMT

On 11/30/12 11:05 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <apache@teotigraphix.com> wrote:

> Quoting Gordon Smith <gosmith@adobe.com>:
>
>> I don't object to generating a data structure for V11, but I think
>> that it makes more sense to do that as a second phase after ABC
>> generation is working. Otherwise there are a lot of moving parts and
>> progress will be slower.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong Alex, but Gordon, I think Alex was talking
> about JavaScript data structures produced during crosscompile of MXML.
No, for both AS and JS so we have the same code paths.  But fear not, the
the work I did last year has a switch and all the old code paths are
retained.

I accept Gordon's argument that we can finish MXML handling faster by
getting Falcon to generate the old code patterns.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team