From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: [FlaconJS] pseudo emitter algorithm
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 17:30:27 GMT

On 11/30/12 8:56 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <> wrote:

> My only question was, were the engineers doing anything specific with
> resolutions and such with the SWF.
My guess is that the engineers were just leveraging the file output portion
of Falcon.  I pondered whether having the SWF constant pools around would
make for tighter code in JS, but I don't think so.

> The fact that jangaroo does it with AST is good enough for me to get
> going on a prototype. I was just trying to see if there was anything
> where I am not reinventing the wheel. But I will, if that is the only
> way to go since the API is externally different then jangaroo.
So is your plan to rewrite the generator so it doesn't reduce the code to
SWF entities via JBurg?
> Using the IDefinition API, with loaded SWCs gives you member and class
> resolotuion so I might actually start with that higher level and not
> strictly IASNode parser nodes.
It occurred to me that I think MXML does not go to AS or AST, it goes
straight to ABC, so we'll be customizing that code in some way as well.
> Mike

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.