From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJS] concepts
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 04:39:43 GMT

On 11/28/12 5:03 PM, "Frank Wienberg" <frank@jangaroo.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 1:44 AM, Michael Schmalle
> <apache@teotigraphix.com>wrote:
>
>> I bet if I had some time I could port some of your generation code using
>> the Falcon AST.
>

> Mike, that would be the way to go!
> I believe every word you say about the Falcon compiler, since my
> information about the Flex compiler is surely outdated. I guess they were
> not using ANTLR back then and the whole architecture has been cleaned up in
> the meantime.
I'm not sure what Flex compiler source you looked at and when, but Falcon is
a complete rewrite. We tossed out the MXMLC code base that compiles every
Flex app to date.  Falcon is still under development and yet to be released.
> We wanted to have had a closer look recently, but honestly we did not know
> where to start.
Start with the Falcon folder in Apache Flex SVN.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team