From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 21:45:19 GMT

On 11/16/12 1:35 PM, "Gordon Smith" <gosmith@adobe.com> wrote:

> Note that I did not include AS3, because AS3 is no longer proprietary to
> Adobe. But I don't see how AS3 gets you onto every platform you want to run
> on. I'd like to hear more from Alex what his vision for iOS and Android is.
> For example, get to HTML/JS and then use Cordova?

Cordova is one possible way, but consider this: the ability to deliver a RIA
in HTML/JS means it doesn't have to be installed on mobile devices.  It can
just be browsed to.  The notion of RIAs in the browser as a zero-install
always-updated application was one of the things that made them attractive.
Just like in PC's 20 years ago everything was a boxed app and was installed
and when the network became fast enough and cheap enough apps in the browser
become popular, I believe the pendulum will swing that way again for mobile
devices.

And for those who have to build apps, maybe Schmalle will create a FalconJ
and you'll go native from there.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team