From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject clean up scripts in ide and ide/flashbuilder directories?
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 21:02:20 GMT
Now that the IDE installer is just about out the door I'd like to do some clean up in the ide
and ide/flashbuilder directories unless anyone has objections.

In particular I'd like to delete these two pairs of scripts.  Both sets have issues, particularly
on Windows.  Rather than bothering to maintain them or explain their limitations I think it
best to just delete them.

ide/constructFlexForIDE.bat and ide/constructFlexForIDE.sh
ide/flashbuilder/makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.bat and ide/flashbuilder/makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.sh

If you're doing development and want to make your development tree into something that FlashBuilder
can use you can use the "make-sdk" target in ide/flashbuilder/build.xml.  It uses  the standard
dev mechanisms to find player global and the AIR sdk on the local system.
 We could modify build.xml to use FLEX_HOME or allow it to be specified with a -D switch.

The *disadvantage* of this  is that you dirty your tree - in particular flex-config.xml, air-config.xml
and airmobile-config.xml are modified and you have to be careful not to check in these files.

Carol