From Carlos Rovira <>
Subject Re: Rushing into Git
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:32:54 GMT
Hi Bertrand,

2012/11/22 Bertrand Delacretaz <>
> FWIW, my reservations were based on
> a) Git support from ASF infra is still experimental and needs
> knowledgeable volunteeers (I'd even say Git experts) in the PMC to
> work.

I count 46 projects on GIT (see so
it's hard for me continue to think it's "experimental" today.

> b) One of the arguments that we keep hearing is that Git will
> magically cause tons of code contributions to land here. Besides
> drive-by contributions (small, obvious things) which are easier with
> github, I'm not convinced of that.

As you say, maybe this will end not happen, but it could be the opposite,
and walk backwards like crabs: Staying in GIT could bring less
contributions than expected or make potential contributors not encourage to
expend the time since they are not confortable with the overall process.

Carlos Rovira
Director de TecnologĂ­a
M: +34 607 22 60 05
F:  +34 912 35 57 77