From Carlos Rovira <carlos.rov...@codeoscopic.com>
Subject Re: Rushing into Git
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:32:54 GMT
Hi Bertrand,

2012/11/22 Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org>

> FWIW, my reservations were based on
>
> a) Git support from ASF infra is still experimental and needs
> knowledgeable volunteeers (I'd even say Git experts) in the PMC to
> work.

I count 46 projects on GIT (see https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf) so
it's hard for me continue to think it's "experimental" today.

> b) One of the arguments that we keep hearing is that Git will
> magically cause tons of code contributions to land here. Besides
> drive-by contributions (small, obvious things) which are easier with
> github, I'm not convinced of that.

As you say, maybe this will end not happen, but it could be the opposite,
and walk backwards like crabs: Staying in GIT could bring less
contributions than expected or make potential contributors not encourage to
expend the time since they are not confortable with the overall process.

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de TecnologĂ­a