From Nicholas Kwiatkowski <nicho...@spoon.as>
Subject Re: How to prepare Apache Flex 5 to run in the new AVM in Flashplayer 12?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 12:18:11 GMT
Sebastian,

>From what Adobe has told publicly, the new AVM (AVM3 / AS4) will be very
different from AVM2/AS3.  No display lists, uses "Stage3D" for everything,
etc.  They haven't said anything more other than Starling won't be
compatible with it -- there may be a new version created, but since AS4
will be different people will have to re-write large portions of code to
use it.

-Nick