From Greg Reddin <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MENTOR] how to handle source with Apache 1.1 license
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 20:27:54 GMT
On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Carol Frampton <cframpto@adobe.com> wrote:

> In our fork of the batik library, one of the files has an Apache 1.1
> license which is being flagged by RAT.  Do I just upgrade that to an Apache
> 2 license or do I leave the license as-is and exclude it from RAT?

I don't know the answer to that. I'm hoping Dave or Bertrand knows.

However, it does raise another question. I'd assume the more recent
versions of Batik are licensed ALv2. Could we:

1) Upgrade our fork to be based on a more recent Batik version... or
2) Preferably, work with the Batik community to get our customizations
integrated in some way?

I know #2 has been discussed before and I think it was deemed unlikely or
even undesirable. But are our customizations too extreme to perform a #1?

Short of all that, I'm hoping we can just upgrade the license of our fork.
It seems to me that should work.

Greg