From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Current compiler question
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 12:47:48 GMT
As a complete compiler noob, but can somebody answer this:

Can we not build a 'mxmlcJS'? I understand that Falcon was specifically
designed to have a 'variable backend' that allows for FalconJS to be hooked
in. Is something like that feasible with the 'previous generation'
compiler(s)?

The advantage would be that we have a fully fledged MXML/AS compiler that
works with the current framework, so no need to rewrite the framework, nor
invest heavily in finishing the remaining 20% of the Falcon MXML parsing
and finish FalconJS. We would 'only' have to rewrite the part of the
compiler that currently outputs 'abc' and the browser side player
(HTML/CSS/JS) :-)

Thoughts?

EdB

--