From Nils Dupont <>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 14:10:59 GMT
When you say HTML5 is not ready yet for entreprise RIA, I agree with you
for desktop applications (it is what I added in nota bene) because of
current browser fragmentation (there are still companies using IE7...), but
in the mobile world, browsers are far in advance concerning HTML5/JS. And
it appears to me that Apache Cordova can generate decent entreprise
oriented RIA applications, that IMO is the main target of Flex framework
nowadays. If you want to develop a CPU intensive application and you need
to use GPU capabilities, it is maybe better to use Starling directly.
I don't know Haxe, I am sure it is a great technology and it is fore sure a
way to consider for the future of Apache Flex.
But it would be also interesting to be able to write a Flex Mobile
application with almost the same code as today, that can target 7 different
mobile OS without the help of Air runtime. It could be a strong commercial
arguments when selling Flex technology to customers (no more HTML5 vs
Flash, but in contrast the possibilty to use the best of two worlds).