From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: [POLL] Maven and Apache Flex
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 17:41:12 GMT
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
> ...Anyway, I would like your thoughts on Adobe Legal's desire to review the way
> the code will work before it gets checked into SVN....

My opinion is that if someone requires people to accept a license
agreement before downloading stuff, it's a server-side problem.
Whatever client tool is used, if the server exposes the content via
http without credentials and a secure connection, it's very easy to
bypass the client.

The way Oracle solves that for Java is that the VMs that require
accepting something are only available via a web page where you have
to login and click through an agreement - that's not fun, but I'm not
sure there's a better way if the owner of those bits insists on
*people* agreeing to something before downloading.

I don't think the "develop the secret bits in a hidden place" makes
sense in a world where javap exists ;-)

-Bertrand