From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: List of Inactive Apache Flex PPMC Members
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:20:24 GMT
On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:
> ...I for one think PMC members should show a little more merit than sending
> one email they want to be PMC members. This is after all not the initial
> sign up for the PPMC, and the Apache organisation is a meritocracy....

If the PPMC wants to make that bar higher, that's a possibility, but I
personally don't see a need for that.

You're right that some people have gained committership and PPMC
membership by just signing up on the incubation proposal, and might
not have contributed much in the meantime.

What I see is that at least two of the people listed above are paying
sufficient attention to respond to this thread, and that's better than
nothing.

IMO the only bad thing that can happen is having poisonous people on
the PMC [1] - if there's any concern about that that can be discussed
on the PPMC private list.

-Bertrand

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q52kFL8zVoM