From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understanding Git
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 17:44:35 GMT
On Friday, November 23, 2012, Justin Mclean wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Ok ... If I had seen this thread earlier, I would have posted the link
> to my documentation of "Contributing to Flexmojos" here. At least it
> documents how to contribute to Flexmojos using Github.
>
> I appreciate the effort and it's nicely written. However it's probably of
> limited application to Flex given our setup/constraints. Initially the Flex
> git repo won't have github access (no pull requests) and we using the
> gitflow branching model and working in a develop branch and cherry picking
> to make a release, and non committers will only have read only access.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Hey Justin,

Just a quick question, for clarity's sake. When you say cherry-picking,
what exactly do you mean? Are you referring to cherry picking individual
line changes as you make commits? Or do you mean selecting specific commit
hashes to pull out of a dev branch to produce a release?

If it's the second one than I do have a suggestion that would likely make
that process a bit simpler to manage. But I can get into the details about
that as I start to write up the wiki page tonight.

-omar