From John Cunliffe <mahn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex 5 in haxe
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 14:58:08 GMT
On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Hordur Thordarson <hordur@lausn.is> wrote:

> Also, what would the experience be on the dev tools side ?  Currently we
> have Flash builder with a pretty nice, WYSIWYG GUI builder and as I said, a
> pretty nice compile-run-debug experience.  If Flex is ported to Haxe or
> some other language, we are back to square one as far as this is concerned.
>  If Flex sticks to AS3/MXML but then gets cross-compiled into HTML/JS, then
> as I said above, the code you run/debug will not be the actual code you
> wrote.  All sorts of new problems will follow.

Haxe can be debugged in IntelliJ, which most developers I know consider
better than FlashBuilder/Eclipse. The design view might be missing, but
I've not seen a single serious project using that. Besides, nobody stops
you from generating AS3 code from 'Flex Haxe' and then debug that just like
you did before. should Flash really be your chosen target platform. Others
however might decide to compile it towards different platforms.