From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installer Questions
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2012 20:37:04 GMT
On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Leif Wells <leif.wells@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Om,
>
> Sorry to drop into the conversation so late in the game, and please forgive
> me if this topic has come up in earlier threads (I did my best to check).
>
> I'm running the "Install Apache Flex SDK for use with Adobe Flash Builder"
> app right now which appears to be running just fine. (Edit: It ran fine and
> I was able to load a new AIR project which compiled without error. Thanks.)
>
> Here is my questions:
>
> 1. Can we have some language/text on the screen that makes it very clear
> which version is being installed?
> In the future, there will be more than a couple of versions of Apache Flex
> available. Having the text on screen would help to avoid *any* confusion.
> Having something like "Installing the Apache Flex 4.8.0 SDK into the Adobe
> Flash Builder 4.6/sdks/4.8.0 folder" on the screen during the install
> process would be great.

Makes sense to me.  We could add this in the the follow up release we are
planning to make.  Right now, all this information is tucked away in the
README, which I am sure no one reads ;-)

> 2. Are there plans in the future to give users an opportunity to chose
> which version they may install?
> I realize that there is only one version at the moment, but we should
> consider this feature in the future.

In fact, in the next version, I wanted to add a dropdown for the (Apache)
Flex SDK versions and the Flash Player versions since we are trying to make
the SDK compatible with  more than one version of the Flash Player swc.

> Also, since I am currently unemployed and have some free time on my hands,
> let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.

We welcome any contribution you can make.  Please feel free to start adding
any features you think makes sense or simply fixing bugs that come along
the way.

Thanks for your email :-)

Regards,
Om