From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Say "Hi" to 5 (!) new Apache Flex Committers
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 23:18:57 GMT
Hi,

Thank's all to welcome me on board, I'm very happy to have been asked to
become a committer (even though before I commit anything I still  will want
someone to review my code...).

Two things are touching me at the moment, I would define it like that:

1- As a noob in SDK developement, I would like to have a tool, let's say
like a "Apache Flex SDK Developer tool suite" that install and set
everything for me, helps me to build the SDK, run the tests, etc..., like
that I can concentrate myself, at least at the begining in bugs  fixing.
(I don't want to have to read the readme.txt, install the third parties,
learn ant, look for the good targets, read the mustella readme.txt and so
on).

2- As software architect, I want a total "out of the box" mavenized SDK
because it's the way every big company works with the languages, librairies,
... and I'm asked to provide that.

For these first two wishes, I'm gonna try to make them reality because it's
what I needed when I started with this new Apache Flex SDK and that's what
that was missing, we started already with the mavenizer but it's just a
start, if you, folks, you can feel as well that the new contributors have
the same needs and you want to invest your time in someof these wishes, I'll
be more than happy to work with you.

And obviously, that's all on my spare time, so, don't thing it's gonna
happen in few days.
In the meantime, I'll try to do my committer job: fixing bugs, review
patches... and especially learn.

Fred.