From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: Compiler Arguments
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 20:43:28 GMT
Thank's Chris for that precision.

I tried to reproduce your issue but I wasn't able to.

I did a mvn test on flexmojos-395 wherein I defined a dependency to the sdk
4.8 but in the dump-config file there is no mention of the localesRuntimes.
Debugging it in FM6, I looked at the arguments passed to the compiler in the
execute method of the MxmlcMojo class and didn't see any mention of the
localesRuntimes.

-----Message d'origine-----
From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:17 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: AW: AW: AW: Compiler Arguments

Nope,

This would be the case if you wanted to add 3 different locales.
If you define es_MX,es_ES,en_US this is more a locale-chain (I reverse
learned this from the unit-test code.

Assuming you have 3 locale property files, en_US containing the complete set
of values and only some of them being translated to spaninsh in general and
only some of those having a different mexican translation, then when setting
the application to es_MX, the application would use es_MX if they are
provided, but fall back to es_ES if they were not and again fall back to
en_US if no spanish translation at all was present. This alllows you to sort
of translate the stuff you need without having to translate all the stuff
Flex would complain about if it was missing.

So there is in fact a great difference.

Chris