From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: write access to cms
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 12:42:23 GMT
svn: update - git: pull -rebase
svn: commit - git: commit (for local commit) push (for remote commit)

pull requests are only when you want to tell the others you want they
remotly commit your modifications because you haven't got the rights to do
it by yourself, it's the case when you work on github and you don't own the
project, you commit/push and then you do a pull request.

-----Message d'origine-----
From: Erik de Bruin
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2012 12:46 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: write access to cms

Ok, while we're on the subject… I did read all those articles, as they
came up around the time of the vote. I watched some tutorial all over
the web, including the one at Lynda.com. I'm still not sure about the
workflow part, though. I have a feeling I need to do a bunch more
steps on Git, than I need to do in SVN. As far as I understand, I need
to stage, commit and "pull request" in Git, while in SVN a commit is
enough. And I'm entirely in the dark how I keep my local branch up to
date with the latest and greatest from the develop branch or trunk. Do
I need to process all pull requests to these branches locally? How do
I know what is available for me to play with (whiteboards etc.)? Is
there a central place where all branches/copies etc. are documented?

Lot's of questions, as you can see. Probably why I'm having a hard
time accepting that this something that's good for the project. But as
I said, I'll shut up now ;-)

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software