From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] - Must Flex 5 be a complete rewrite or can flex code base be re-architectured?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 13:43:45 GMT
Hi,

> Again, i know that Alex already gave a fairly try to break UIComponent and concluded
that it was very hard, and starting over was much more easier.
> It would be great if Alex could share this experience with more details.
Or better yet share the code ;-) Perhaps if the code was made the code public someone here
on the list might have an insight to getting around what problems exist or at the very least
we could see where the issues are and how hard they might be to solve. I certainly don't doubt
that it's a difficult problem to solve but we have lots of smart people on the list who are
willing to have a go go at it.

Could it  be easier to break up UI component if  not we're not 100% backwards compatibility
with Flex 4? If there was a clear migration path (or better yet a conversion tool) that might
be a path to consider.

Thanks,
Justin