From Rick Winscot <rick.wins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kick starter
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 18:53:48 GMT
If you're concerned about this initiative... please re-read this line in the story.

"I am using this Kickstarter as a different approach to fund some of my own Apache Flex development
time.  This will allow developers with limited free time to give a small amount of money to
help Apache Flex." - Jeffrey Houser

And now my $.02...

It is ridiculous to think that Apache Flex will progress / flourish without new, recurring,
continuous and significant contribution of people, time, and finances. Emphasis should be
made on 'new', 'recurring', 'continuous' and 'significant.' I do not aim to cheapen efforts
to date... only to identify that 'success' in software is more of a journey and not a destination.

That said, I think that it's great to see someone openly calling everyone at every level to
come and support Apache Flex any way they can. My only request to Mr. Houser, is that he setup
some kind of account or mechanism so that I can make a recurring contribution to sustain him
and his work in Apache Flex.

Cheers,

Rick Winscot