From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: Who's a flex compiler-configuration pro on this list?
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:45:16 GMT
Well my Mavenizer doesn't deploy any air stuff besides the airglobal.swc and in the Flexmojos
Testsuite there are tests for the different Air features and I am not having any trouble with
that.
The only thing is that I do have to provide the same third party libs the Flex SDK needs to
have provided. So if you are talking about these libs, you might be correct.
But It would already be a great improvement to be able to build Flex applications without
manual intervention.
I have to admit that I have never ever done any Air yet nor any of the Flex guys around here
that I have worked with.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not claiming that Nobody uses Air ... it's just that for those not
using it this would be a great improvement.

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. November 2012 17:26
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Who's a flex compiler-configuration pro on this list?

On 11/21/12 11:59 PM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de"
<christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

> Buuuuuut ... thinking of it :-)
>
> Mabe it would indeed be better to start with Falcon as this is
> definitely the future of Flex and Flexmojos already lets you build
> using MXMLC ... And I always wanted to start digging into it, but
> never actually found a usecase for it.
>
> @Alex: Perhaps if Adobe were to publish the playerglobal and the
> airglobal (Don't need the runtime ... think mavenizing the Runtim is
> too much ... would simply use the runtimes from PATH).
> Without those TWO artifacts the final solution would always be
> half-baked (No matter what compiler) as no user could: "simply add the
> plugin and start coding flex" :-) So what do you think? You make the
> one thing happen, and I'll do the second?
> ;-)

I need convincing that this will work for captive runtime for mobile apps, and not sure how
you are supposed to get the other executables that help make up the AIR package.

But if you want to try prototyping it, feel free.  I wll try to find time to help next week,
if you need help.  I want to make sure it will work before we go ask for approvals.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team