From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Understanding Git
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:29:02 GMT
If this is so, then the workflow is not at all different than the one in SVN and we are missing
the major benefits of Git (in my opinion).

One thing that could be done though would be to have the Apache Flex Git mirrored at GitHub
and to use the features there. In contrast to SVN keeping the two in sync should be pretty
easy (simply periodically calling pull & push should to)

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Justin Mclean [mailto:justinmclean@gmail.com] Im Auftrag von Justin Mclean
Gesendet: Freitag, 23. November 2012 13:19
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Understanding Git

Hi,

> Ok ... If I had seen this thread earlier, I would have posted the link to my documentation
of "Contributing to Flexmojos" here. At least it documents how to contribute to Flexmojos
using Github.

I appreciate the effort and it's nicely written. However it's probably of limited application
to Flex given our setup/constraints. Initially the Flex git repo won't have github access
(no pull requests) and we using the gitflow branching model and working in a develop branch
and cherry picking to make a release, and non committers will only have read only access.

Thanks,
Justin