From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: Who's a flex compiler-configuration pro on this list?
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 07:54:38 GMT
Buuuuuut ... thinking of it :-)

Mabe it would indeed be better to start with Falcon as this is definitely the future of Flex
and Flexmojos already lets you build using MXMLC ... And I always wanted to start digging
into it, but never actually found a usecase for it.
And as I posted yesterday evening ... having a local-guru around would definitely make things
easier :-)

@Alex: Perhaps if Adobe were to publish the playerglobal and the airglobal (Don't need the
runtime ... think mavenizing the Runtime is too much ... would simply use the runtimes from
PATH).
Without those TWO swc-artifacts the final solution would always be half-baked (No matter what
compiler) as no user could: "simply add the plugin and start coding flex". A user would always
have to manually install the artifacts.
So what do you think? You make the one thing happen, and I'll do the second? ;-)

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. November 2012 21:53
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Who's a flex compiler-configuration pro on this list?

On 11/21/12 12:24 PM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de"
<christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Well I was thinking on implementing this for mxmlc compilers first in
> order to have a fully functional plugin and then to add support for
> falcon as soon as it supports 100% of flex (Or am I wrong in the
> assumption that Falcon is not yet being a 100% replacement?). If
> Falcon is going to be finished soon, perhaps going the Falcon way
> might even be the better solution. Especially because of me being able
> to get real support from you ;-)
>
> Chris
Well, we have a bunches of patches, fixed bugs and some new locales that I think we should
release soon, and I don't see us getting Falcon ready in that timeframe.

However, I will be spending as much time as I can on Falcon otherwise, and Gordon knows the
Falcon code better than MXMLC.  And I think you'll find the code easier to work with.

So if you want to get the basics of your work done for this next release (it might not happen
until late December or January) via MXMLC that's fine, but I would definitely recommend saving
optimization work for Falcon.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team