From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Who's a flex compiler-configuration pro on this list?
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 10:43:04 GMT
Hmmm I think this is the way Flexmojos used to work in the old days, but has since switched
to using the oem-compiler thingy ... don't 100% understand what that is into all details,
but as far as I understand, it's an API for directly communicating with the Compiler mainly
used by OEMs for creating IDEs and Tools utilizing Flex.

I recall this had a great performance improvement over the command-line wrapping solution,
so this is more the way I am going to choose. Anyway ... the compiler is Java and so I would
like to instantiate it and communicate with it directly using some pre-defined API.

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Maxime Cowez [mailto:maxime.cowez@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. November 2012 11:35
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org; Yennick Trevels
Betreff: Re: Who's a flex compiler-configuration pro on this list?

Hi Christofer,

I would certainly not claim to be an expert in the matter, but I have gathered quite some
knowledge by contributing to GradleFx ( http://gradlefx.org/). Much like FlexMojos is a Maven
plugin for compiling Flex apps, GradleFx is a Gradle (http://gradle.org/) plugin to achieve
the same goal.

It's open-source, so you're welcome to take a look at how we implemented things. I guess you
would especially be interested in the org.gradlefx.cli package ( https://github.com/GradleFx/GradleFx/tree/master/src/main/groovy/org/gradlefx/cli).
We used Gradle's built-in ANT task executor to execute the compile command through Flex's
own ANT task.

The CommandLine Interface wrapping is fairly complete, but there are two things still missing:
- module support (see https://github.com/GradleFx/GradleFx/issues/46)
- full AIR/mobile support (only partially implemented, also see
https://github.com/GradleFx/GradleFx/issues/25)

Feel free to ask questions if you think we can be of assistance.

Cheers,
Max