From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [POLL] Maven and Apache Flex
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 07:28:06 GMT
Hi Greg,

we are not talking about the entire plugin ... just one fragment (assumably not even 5% of
the entire suite) that deals with downloading stuff from Adobe. All the other parts of the
plugin would be developed in the open :-)

Chris

Von: Greg Reddin [gredbug@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 30. November 2012 01:49
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [POLL] Maven and Apache Flex

Personally I don't see any way I can support being forced to develop this in private. Apache
doesn't work that way. I suppose if that's the only choice they give us and Chris is willing
to do it on his own he can submit it to us as a patch but there's no guarantee it will be
accepted. For myself I'd prefer to manually download the artifacts than to accept an agreement
like that.

At this point I don't guess I would veto a commit if this is what it comes to but this is
a horrible way to develop a plugin that is essential to many Flex users. It should be developed
in the open in a way that addresses everybody's needs including Adobe's and the community's.
This is a slap in the face to the Apache Way.

Sent from my mobile device.