From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Flex 5
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 19:08:31 GMT
Well at least with Apache you're not threatened with a law-suite as thanks for creating a patch
to make ILog work with Flex4 ;-) (Was a few years ago).
Was definitely the last time I payed for anything from big old blue ... and it's certainly
allways my reason I give the guys for declining any offers to work for them ;-)

Sorry ... just has to mention this ;-)

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Mark Fuqua [mailto:mark@availdata.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 17. November 2012 18:58
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Flex 5

I love Flex.  And I don't see changing anytime soon.

FWIW, I would be surprised if Adobe and/or others are not hard at work creating the 'Next
Flex' that targets JS HTML5 or multiple targets.  It would certainly fit with Edge/Muse/Brackets...maybe
Adobe Sencha?

I say this gently, as one who has not submitted any code myself:

In the short run, like the next year or so...Apache Flex 5 maybe, it would be great to have
the following worked on/created:

Squiggley
Additional Spark components
ADG
Ilog like components (especially a Gantt Chart component)

I would gladly support those with money (I don't have much money, but I have more money than
coding/compiler experience).  I wouldn't even mind if the above came with a price tag (I paid
$800  for Ilog components).

As to the future of Flex, post Flash player, it would seem a more fruitful discussion, if
folks like me (who aren't committing code and therefore, likely to be of little use on the
next step...the big re-write), expressed their opinions gently, and follow the lead of those
likely to do the bulk of the work (or not).

Mark