From "" <>
Subject AW: AW: Compiler Arguments
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 19:34:54 GMT
Hi Alex,

well the goal oft he project isn't to do anything "sensible" from view of the resulting SWF,
but it's part of the Flexmojos Unit-Test suite.
In this case the maven config is this:

Which should instruct the compiler to add en_US as compiled locale, and to add es_MX as runtime
locale while defaulting back to es_ES or en_US if the corresponding properties are not defined
in those locales. This test worked for every FDK up to 4.5.1 but fails randomly in 4.6 and

As I mentioned ... somebody doing a real project wouldn't do such a thing, but that projects
sole test is to to test the compiler-configuration and it seems that we have an issue here
... unfortunately I have never ever used the commandline compiler therefore I currently don't
know if this is a Flexmojos issue or a Flex-Issue that I have to build some workaround for.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Harui []
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 1. November 2012 19:39
Betreff: Re: AW: Compiler Arguments

On 11/1/12 10:33 AM, "" <>

> Well it is used several times ...
> -metadata.language=es_MX,es_ES,en_US
> -metadata.language+=en_US
> I've never touched that part of Flexmojos code and I just wanted to
> know what those lines should be and what has changed before startig to
> implement anything.
I have never used metadata, so I don't really know, but it looks like it should be a single
string (whereas locale takes an array of strings).  So I think the parser just gets fooled
and thinks there is a comma separator between arguments.  I saw a comment about having to
guess when parsing about the end of a list.

This also makes me wonder if the following line where you do += is going to work either since
this isn't a list.

You can try a simple app and compiling it from the command line with these options and see
what works and what doesn't.

Is there logic or a config that is causing the +=en_US?  It seems like it would be better
to concat them on one single string without duplicates and without comma as the separator.
 I don't know if quoting will work or not but you can try that as well.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message