From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: How to prepare Apache Flex 5 to run in the new AVM in Flashplayer 12?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 20:01:42 GMT
Hi,

> It seems that until today, some commiters like Alex consider the actual code base too
monolithic (it still brings some old code made to optimize for AS2) to be able to refactor
it as we need, even breaking UIComponent seems to be quite difficult.
Difficult but not impossible IMO. I've yet to see the code from anyone who had a serious attempt
at doing this.

I can't see the new VM giving us any benefits in the short term, so perhaps best to see how
different it actually is before speculating on hard it might be to port Flex to it?

Justin