From Daniel Wasilewski <devudes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installer issue
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 23:27:22 GMT
It? You mean Air runtime or ApacheFlex, because it seems that any AIR
application results with the very same issue for me.

this is what I see on my Windows update list

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1
Redistributable Package (KB2538243)

Installation date: ?11/?28/?2012 3:00 AM
Installation status: Failed
Error details: Code 64C
Update type: Important
A security issue has been identified leading to MFC application
vulnerability in DLL planting due to MFC not specifying the full path to
system/localization DLLs.  You can protect your computer by installing
this update from Microsoft.  After you install this item, you may have
to restart your computer.
More information:
Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

This happened after I installed some random SDK's, not sure witch one,
but I was in the middle of testing Phone gap, and other mobile
solutions, then I gave a flex a try and realised my AIR runtime is
corrupted.

I did try to uninstall all that rubbish, any many things to addition to
that but no luck.
Dan

On 11/28/2012 11:16 PM, Om wrote:
> Dan,
>
> Do you already have a version of it installed?  If yes, can you please
> uninstall it and try again?
>
> Thanks,
> Om
>
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Daniel Wasilewski <devudesign@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 11/28/2012 10:42 PM, Guthmann, Scott wrote:
>>
>>> Can the person who has the Apache flex twitter account post an
>>>>
>>> Will each one on this list please go to Twitter and tweet this next line
>>> to promote the installer, please?
>>> New Release - @ApacheFlex SDK Installer source distributions and
>>> installer binaries http://incubator.apache.org/**flex/installer.html<http://incubator.apache.org/flex/installer.html>Please
RT