From Kevin Newman <Capta...@unFocus.com>
Subject Re: FalconJS has landed
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 18:09:49 GMT
What's required for the legal ok? Is that like a full copyright/patent
audit? Or is it more of checking the license requirements, or getting
signoff from the current copyright holder? Or both? Or something else? :-)

It's already licensed under Apache 2.0, so that's a good start.

Anyway, a lot of the current popular plan seems to revolve around doing
direct bindings from Flex into JS/DOM objects and not using a Flash
layer at all, so it does seem like it may not be needed. Still, it seems
like an option, and there is useful core items in there, like
BitmapData, etc. that are already implemented.

Maybe the legal overhead outweighs the benefits of an already completed
code base?

Kevin N.